Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Am Addicted

Ok, so you already know I am now currently addicted to Dunkin Donuts Coffee. My weakness; medium coffee with a shot of blueberry & cream - no sugar. Why no sugar? Because for some strange, Ms Chas reason, I like to add it myself. It's crazy because some times, it taste the same. Anywhoo, once upon a time I use to be head over heels about Starbucks. Now, it seems like I wake up anticipating my trip up the block to Dunkin. Yep, I even nicknamed my lover. Have you tried it? Starbucks doesn't even have free coffee Tuesday's and free scoop Wednesday's, etcetera. Or something like that. You catch my drift. I mean, it's not like I'm truly addicted because if push comes to shove, I could quit. I mean, stop. I'm just going through a few things right now. I'm sure you understand. Don't you? See, now I need a cup of joe.

So, Starbucks use to be my sanctuary of choice. After spending millions of dollars there day in and day out, I finally considered them to be overly expensive. Come on, a Grande caramel macchiato can run you almost five bucks strong. I figured, I could buy an expensive brand of Arabian beans and brew them myself. Bingo Amigo! Pure undecaffinated coffee. Now, it may not have the whole Starbucks ensemble but dammit it was good. I could sit on my balcony opposed to that hemorrhoid infested doo-doo green outdoor furniture. Well, let's not be too hasty because their groove inside was the fa-shizzle! I used to love going to Starbucks because of the way it made me feel. The mood was always so electrifying, yet calm and warming. Especially on those cold mornings and mid-spring nights. I could have lived there, really.

I remember when I lived on Pennsylvania Ave and I use to go to the Starbucks by Eastern Market. I would take my laptop upstairs by the fireplace and write and relax. And when I left to go home, my bank account was always short of at least twenty dollars worth of coffee. I should have started a franchise my damn self. My coffee would be the bomb too. The place would be filled with the same groove. The groove that puts you in mood to spend by drinking more and more coffee.

Times are hard and gas is always the main subject to any conversation. So, here goes... gas is four dollars and I enjoy Dunkin. A medium coffee there is less than two bucks and it is very good. You can order a regular coffee and spice it up any way you like it. They have Hazelnut, French Vanilla, Raspberry and Caramel shots, just to name a few to add to your cup. Of course it's not extra for the shots and it taste so good, all of them. My favorite is just Blueberry. I got my mom on the band wagon also. She loves it! Their iced coffee is great as well.

Well, if you haven't tried Dunkin and are in the mood for something other than ice cream (India), than coffee should be your next addiction. The staff is friendly (I know them by name) and the atmosphere is just as calm as their competitors. Trust me, you'll love it.

Enjoy your joe,

Chas B

No comments:

Post a Comment