Sunday, November 6, 2011

Communion: Band Free

As I sit in church this morning awaiting for communion service to begin, I am reflecting on the past week.

Sheesh! This past week was a very difficult one. On the job and in my home. At work, my boss came through and did a winter cleaning - everybody's gone! I'm still employed and at my same position but my heart is sadden for those who are not. There are scares around the camp that more changes are near. At home, there has been a spirit of laziness visiting. Procrastination is trying to make its way in and stay as well.

But as I'm sitting here, now listening to the praise team deliver songs of life, strength and rejoice, I am reminded of something.

About a month ago, my husband brought me a band for my wrist. This band is supposed to improve my balance, restore ions, give energy, etc. Since I got it, I've been depending on it for it all.

Why? Because some kid at a kiosk said so?

I think in my mind I believe that I NEED this band.

Clearly, I DO NOT. As long as I have King Jesus, I don't need nobody/nothing else.

So now, that I've taken communion, I have restored my strength in Christ and I will depend on him for energy, a great nights rest and a sound mind. I've put it all in his hands and I will let HIS will be done.

Today I am band free and #teamJesus.

Hallelujah!
Chas B

No comments:

Post a Comment